10th February 2015
Mmm…I love the smell of baked goods. The whole house if filled with a delicious, sweet warm aroma.
My favorite banana bread recipe comes from My New Roots. This recipe is vegan and easily adaptable if you want to add other fruit, nuts, seeds, or spices. For instance, in the loaf I made I added flax and chia seeds, shredded coconut and cinnamon.
The result is a delicious, moist banana bread that you can enjoy for breakfast or as a dessert after dinner!
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk (I used almond milk)
- 6 tablespoons oil (I used olive oil)
- 6 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean scraped (I used a vanilla bean)
- 5 medium ripe bananas
- 2 cups flour (I used spelt)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chopped nuts and seeds or any extras you’d like to add! (I used walnuts, chia and flax seeds, and coconut, plus extra cinnamon)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line a loaf pan with baking paper, or lightly oil and dust with flour, shaking out excess.
- Put the milk, oil, maple syrup, vanilla, and bananas in a blender and blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl combine dry ingredients. Add banana mixture and combine using as few stroked as possible. Fold in nuts.
- Pour into pan and smooth the top. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Enjoy!