23rd June 2015
I love sweet breads. I already posted my go-to recipe for banana bread, now it’s time for Almond Date Bread!
This recipe was given to me from my sister-in-law Sofie. She made it me for once a couple of years ago, and I had to have the recipe!
The ingredients are so simple and the recipe so easy. And the best part is, I don’t feel guilty eating a few slices in the morning or after dinner.
Almond Date Bread
- 1 cup dates
- 1 cup almonds
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or other sweetner
- 1/2 vanilla bean scraped
- 4 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 175 C/350 F. Grind the dates and almonds until they’re the size of bread crumbs.
- Combine ground almonds and dates with cinnamon, maple syrup, and vanilla.
- Separate the eggs. Add the egg yolks to the date and almond mixture and stir to combine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, then mix with the rest until you can’t see the egg whites anymore.
- Line a baking dish with parchment paper and pour the mixture in. Bake for 35 minutes.